Certainly there are more than 10 embarrassing things that happen to old folks; in fact there are an embarrassment of riches when it comes to embarrassment. But here is a first attempt at a top ten:
- Balding head / bushy ears.
- Your nephew calls you at 5:00 to invite you to dinner … but you’ve already eaten.
- Your breakfast discussions are about poop and regularity.
- Coupons. Lots of friggin coupons.
- All of your phones have those big-assed keys on them.
- The tattoo of your pet doberman now looks like a Shar Pei.
- Your scooter basket nicely holds the stool sample you are delivering.
- Black knee-socks and shorts.
- You think your “old farts rule” hat is hilarious.
and the number one embarrassing thing is:
- … Mistakenly delivered stool sample to the bank, not the lab.
And no, this list wasn’t based on personal experience (OK, maybe a couple of items).