Those Pesky Snowbirds!
From time to time, you will see that I have referred to “snowbirds.” I should specify what I’m referring to when I use the term snowbird. If you check Wikipedia, there are several meanings for the term snowbird, for example:
- an actual bird (dark-eyed junco)
- a ski resort (Snowbird, Utah)
- one of the Canadian Forces ‘Snowbirds’ (air demo team)
- a song title by beloved Anne Murray
- a northern resident of U.S. or Canada that stays for extended periods in the southern states